What is it that comes to mind when Nigerians hear the word French? What is the position of French Studies in Nigeria and in the world in general? How has French studies in Nigeria impacted on other domains such as the Sciences, Medicine, Technology, Social Sciences, Law, Economics etc? How do we produce outstanding and competitive students whose training cuts across various disciplines?
UFTAN 2013 offers an opportunity to evaluate the relevance and application of French and French Studies geographically, intellectually, philosophically, politically, economically, scientifically, technologically, and culturally. The Conference also permits an assessment of their capacity to meet and even revolutionise the demands of the 21st century, in Nigeria, the ECOWAS sub-region, the African continent, and the entire universe. UFTAN, therefore, explores the widening role of French Studies in a world that is narrowing itself down in globalisation. A clear roadmap is expected of us as practitioners, researchers and students in the field.
- Global Tendencies in French Didactics and Applied Linguistics
- Translation and Interpretation in the Era of Globalization
- French Language and Linguistics Beyond Frontiers
- French/Francophone Culture, Civilization and the Media in Multicultural Societies.
- African, Canadian, Caribbean, and Maghrebine Literatures etc. in French
- French Literature in the Contemporary World
- French Intellectual Exports to the World in Philosophy, Science, Politics, Economics etc.
- French / Francophone Gender Studies in the Global Context.
- French for Special Purposes
CALL FOR PAPERS - Original papers are invited from participants.
a. Maximum length of paper: 20 pages. Double-spaced, A4 size, Times New Roman, font 12
b. Separate title page to contain the title of the paper in capitals, centered and followed by the author’s name. The institutional affiliation should be directly under the author’s name.
c. Abstract of not more than 250 words to be submitted latest by 15th June 2013
d. Full paper to be submitted not later than 13th September 2013.
e. Submission to be made to the Secretary via the Conference e-mail email@example.com
CONFERENCE LANGUAGES. - French and English
Sunday 9th March 2014 - Arrival
Monday 10th March 2014 - Opening Ceremony; Keynote Address; Working Sessions & Cocktail
Tuesday 11th March 2014 - Working Sessions & AGM
Wednesday 12th March 2014 - Working Sessions & Sight Seeing
Thursday 13th March 2014 - Working Sessions, Closing Ceremony & Dinner
Friday 14th March 2014 - Departure
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEE 3,000.00 naira - MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION 1,000.00 (NEW MEMBERS ONLY)
UFTAN ANNUAL DUES
Professor 20,000.00 Associate Professor Reader 18,000.00
Senior Lecturer 15, 000.00 Lecturer I 12,000.00
Lecturer II 10,000.00 Assistant Lecturer 9,000.00
Graduate Assistant 7, 000.00
Annual Dues Payable to the Treasurer: Dr Mrs Doris Obieje through UFTAN Zenith Bank, Agbara; Account No: 1011505744
book their hotels in advance after enquiries from the Convener and
members of the Local Organizing Committee.
HOTELS - Provisional List
1. OAU Conference Center (On Campus) Between 7,500.00 & 15,000.00 naira
2. Celebration Hotel (Off Campus) Between 4,000.00 and 5,000.00 naira
3. Xela Hotel & Resorts (off campus) Between 11,500.00 and 13, 500.00. naira
4 Center for Energy (on-campus) Between 5,000.00 naira and above
5. Hilton Hotels (off campus) Between 2, 500 and 8,800.00 naira
6. Cameron Hotel (off campus) Between 10,000.00 and 20,000.00 naira
7.Diganga Hotel (off Campus) Between 3,900.00 and 6,000.00
8. Hotel de Treasure (off campus) Between 8,000.00 and 15, 000.00 naira
Prof. O. Oladitan - Phone: 08037211058
Dr. (Mrs.) O. O. Ashaolu - Phone number: 08155277933 - Conference email:firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Dr. (Mrs.) R. F. Bestman - Chairperson - 08055352511 - Dr. (Mrs.) O. O. Ashaolu - Secretary - 08155277933
Dr. F. A. Soyoye - Member - 08034718494 - Dr. N. C. Saah - Member - 07031304612
Dr. F. A. Omidire - Member - 08067634158 - Mr. F. Odidiomo - Member - 07056905094
Ms. J. I. Osarumwense - Member - 08083069960 -
Department of Foreign Languages
Humanities Block I, Rooms 304 & 305
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife